POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Patch or Unofficial Version with Persistent Variables/Objects : Patch or Unofficial Version with Persistent Variables/Objects Server Time
24 Apr 2024 02:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Patch or Unofficial Version with Persistent Variables/Objects
From: Excentp
Date: 16 Feb 2014 00:25:01
Message: <web.53004a73e2fb9b2cc116c8bf0@news.povray.org>
I am currently working on a project that involves creating animation frames for
a mesh2 object with at 400,000 triangles and one light source.

I've already voiced my concern at the animation forum, but replies have been
slow.

So my issue is that my scene is being reparsed into around 3000 K tokens every
time prior to rendering the frame. The mesh contains the bulk of the information
for my scene, but it is unchanged throughout the animation. The only thing that
changed is the location of the light source.

So what I would like to know is if UberPOV has any plans to include persistent
variables and objects like what MegaPOV in its very early versions?

If not, I would like to know how which POV-Ray source code files to alter so as
to be able to load unchanging object data only once and retain it for all
frames.