POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : simple kinematic : simple kinematic Server Time
23 Apr 2024 11:54:30 EDT (-0400)
  simple kinematic
From: CAD-Andi
Date: 2 Feb 2014 16:50:01
Message: <web.52eebd7caf6a8b45bf952ed30@news.povray.org>
Hi!
I would like to simulate a tractor-trailer situation. The vehicle should be
guided by a spline and the trailer will be connected on a pivot point.

The main problem is the so called "off tracking" of the trailer when the
combination goes through a turn. The rear end of the trailer describes a
different path than the pulling vehicle.

I need to do this only on a plane in 2D (for now). Does anyone have a idea or
even a little code snippet to put me on track? Did anyone come a cross a inverse
kinematics script for POVRay? ...

Thanks!