POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Once again, the command line error messages : Once again, the command line error messages Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:39:15 EDT (-0400)
  Once again, the command line error messages
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 2 Feb 2014 07:05:00
Message: <web.52ee32f76ef25520192ae5f10@news.povray.org>
Neither POV-Ray 3.7 nor UberPOV provides sufficient information when it fails to
execute the command line.  This has been a problem for YEARS with 3.7 beta.  On
2012 December 30, Thorsten Froehlich claimed that this was an oversight, but I
was extremely disappointed to find that it was not corrected in the final
release.

Once again, I have run across this situation, and once again, I spent an
unjustifiable amount of time busting my brains to figure out what I did wrong.

I am requesting that FS#41 be reopened.

POV-Ray versions: POV-Ray 3.7.0 and UberPOV 1.37.0.0-beta.4
Operating system: openSUSE 13.1 GNU/Linux
Hardware: Dell Inspiron 17R, Intel Core i7