POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: How to fix texture to moving part : Re: How to fix texture to moving part Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:41:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to fix texture to moving part
From: Janc
Date: 9 Oct 2013 05:45:00
Message: <web.5255244f5b3e3e649dce473b0@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.animations/thread/%3Cweb.52531de35b3e3e64ef0c5fed0%40news.povray.org%3E/

> > Janc's observations are right completely. But the texture /* is */ rotated, what
> > we see here is another phenomenon. It's more a matter of scale and the pixel
> > level. I will create a little animation with Janc's texture to illustrate this
> > issue within the next hours.
> >

> That explains it. I read the newsgroup version and have not switched on
> povray.animations as I am not involved in such actively.
>
> Thomas

Thanks a lot, Michael and Thomas, I didn't know about these abreviations, I will
not forget them. :-)

We arrived to the same conclusion. Very nice.

I was testing with a checker texture at diferent scales, when using very small
scales it also seems to change and not rotating.

With small scales it interact with screen pixels and makes like a random "moire"
that keep changing because the different angle.

I upload a test of my Cone with a bigger scale, but you render a very nice
example of this effect.

We can call it, something like: "Small Scale Texture Screen Pixel Interaction"

Thanks a lot to all friends.
Best regards.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rotatingrusttexture.mp4.mpg' (193 KB)