POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Impossible triangle - Animation II : Re: Impossible triangle - Animation II Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:30:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Impossible triangle - Animation II
From: Eriban
Date: 23 Sep 2013 17:10:01
Message: <web.5240abc465965e67d7c119640@news.povray.org>
> nice one. Note if you want to read a broader audience with this you
> probably need to add some explanatory text and maybe some music.

Thanks.

I am not sure if an explanatory text is needed actually. If someone does not see
what is strange/impossible about this shape then I do not think an explanation
will help. If on the other hand they do see why it's called impossible, then I
expect curiosity to kick in fairly naturally.

I do agree that some background music would be nice. For a start, I did make
sure that the animation has a rhythm so it can stay in synch with a tune.
Unfortunately, I do not have the skills myself to create something appropriate.
Furthermore, I do not want to add music for which I do not own the copyright or
which has not been explicitly made available for use. Having said that, I do
have some friends who are musically more gifted than I am, so hopefully I can
get someone to compose something. :-)

> I found another interesting one offered as related by youtube:

Yes, interesting indeed although I doubt that creating impossible 3D objects
really benefits much from dedicated CAD software. I think anything you need can
be done using general purpose 3D software and some ingenuity. POV-Ray has served
me very well over the years in this area. :-)

Cheers,
Erwin