POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Needed: New Shape / Object: Human : Re: Needed: New Shape / Object: Human Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:49:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Needed: New Shape / Object: Human
From: stevenvh
Date: 22 Jan 2013 14:40:01
Message: <web.50feea2c9e714739209de68b0@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose to add a new shape (or object) to the existing POV-Ray shapes: Human.
> The "Human" would be controlled by parameters and allow to add more perspective,
> dimension or simply comparison to our scenes.
>
> A quality parameter (1 to 10) would control if the human is just a basic figure,
> like those wooden figures, or with all details.
>
> A next parameter defines the race which influences face and shape features.
>
> A next parameter defines fatness or meagerness.
>
> The next parameter defines the sex.
>
> There is one parameter for the height of the human. Needed, since positions
> (next parameter) could make it harder to set the size by scaling.
>
> A final parameter defines a few basic positions, such as standing, sitting,
> laying on belly or back.
>
> That human is just of one basic color for all the skin, another for the hair,
> and tree for shoes, trouser and shirt. Could be parameters, too.

Impossible. You name a couple of parameters, but there are hundreds of them. A
head can look up/down (elevation) and left/right (azimuth). An upper arm
(shoulder joint) also has 2 degrees of freedom. A hand (including wrist) has
23(!) degrees of freedom. Combine that with features like nose size and shape,
and you end up with trillions of combinations (even if the 7 billion people on
earth are different there's still a myriad of other people possible.)