POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Avoid all-lowercase identifiers : Re: Avoid all-lowercase identifiers Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:40:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Avoid all-lowercase identifiers
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 4 Aug 2012 22:35:00
Message: <web.501ddac3c00137e585de7b680@news.povray.org>
"BertvdB" <ber### [at] kpnmailnl> wrote:
> As a addition to this, why don't we use the hungarian notation. Makes coding
> much clearer.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_notation
> This will explain what I mean

The purpose of the naming standard is to insure that the various modules work
well with each other, not to enforce political correctness.  I would add playing
nice with POV-Ray itself, which is why I made my suggestion.  While Hungarian
notation, or a less dogmatic variation thereof, may be a good idea, it does not
further the purpose of the standard.