POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : povray 3.6 on Snow Leopard / X11 : Re: povray 3.6 on Snow Leopard / X11 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:30:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6 on Snow Leopard / X11
From: cjaramillo
Date: 13 Jul 2012 16:30:01
Message: <web.50008454c3cac333d568c8340@news.povray.org>

http://www.povray.org/redirect/www.povray.org/ftp/pub/povray/Official/Unix/povray-3.6.tar.bz2

> I guess it will go in Download. Then you open a terminal, go to this directory.
>
> 1. Unarchive: "tar xjf povray-3.6.tar.bz2" and go to the source directory
> (povray-3.6.1).
>
> 2. There are three "configure.ac" files in the sources tree:
> ......./configure.ac
> ......./libraries/png/configure.ac
> ......./libraries/zlib/configure.ac
> You have to edit them, find the AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE macros. It should look like:
>
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([1.7 ...])
>
> You have to add "foreign". Then it should look like:
>
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([foreign 1.7 ...])
>
> This for all three files.
>
> 3. Then from the top source directory (povray-3.6.1 currently), you type
> "autoreconf -i" and you wait a little bit. After a while, there's a "configure"
> script which has been created. You have to edit it and add the line as
> explained. For me, after adding the line, it looks like:

> ## --------------------- ##
> ## M4sh Initialization.  ##
> ## --------------------- ##
>
> ac_cv_prog_egrep=/usr/bin/egrep
>
> # Be more Bourne compatible
>
> 4. The rest is straightforward. Still from the top source directory, you type:
>
> CFLAGS="-m32" CXXFLAGS="-m32" ./configure COMPILED_BY="email" --with-x
>
> Then you type "make" and you wait for a while.
>
> If no errors occur, then "make install" and that's it.
>
> Happy install !
>
> - Dominique

I got the following error after trying "sudo make install":
make[2]: *** [install-nobase_povlibSCRIPTS] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Any hints would be appreciated.

Carlos