POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Mesh problem : Re: Mesh problem Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:44:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh problem
From: noam
Date: 20 May 2012 14:15:00
Message: <web.4fb933a2de1368439fa943050@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> noam <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I hope this is not breaking the rules, but here is the mesh (I cannot post
> > attachments in this forum):
>
>   Ahem... I asked for a *minimal* example. Your mesh is nothing but.
>
>   (Asking for a minimal example is not just a question of laziness from
> our part. In fact, often when you try to isolate the problem and get a
> minimal example scene that demonstrates it, you find the problem yourself
> exactly because of that. Even if you don't, it makes the chances of
> someone else spotting the problem that much higher.)
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Hi,
Of course, I totally understand this request and apologize for not complying :)
But I cannot change the way the algorithm I use outputs the mesh (not the
resolution etc.
(If it interests you it is a variant of the marching cubes algorithm. The input
is a given depth field, output is a mesh. I have no other depth field that
creates these problems).
I was hoping that the scale of the mesh wouldn't pose too much of a problem as
someone would recognize the issue when he renders the mesh.

If not, there's nothing I can do, and I guess my question will be left
unanswered...