POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : povray with moray using win7 : Re: povray with moray using win7 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray with moray using win7
From: peter puzzelaar
Date: 8 Apr 2012 08:35:00
Message: <web.4f8185cc9ffdc0e547437ba70@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 08/04/2012 10:18 AM, peter puzzelaar wrote:
> > I recall from memory that Moray 3.5 is able to start up Povray 3.5.
> > But it seems to me that this point is moot, since Povray 3.5 cannot render any
> > file by itself (under my Win7).
>
> Okay one step at a time.
> Can you open Povray.ini and pvengin.ini from the tools menu?
> When you start Pov 3.5 are they any relevant messages in the message window?
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

Looks like my comments (below) went to other thread... reposting them for this
(correct) thread.

In Povray 3.5 all tools are available, including povray.ini and
pvengine.ini.

As to your advice about reinstalling: i did the very same thing yesterday.
ridding all povray and moray programs, afterwards cleaning the registry, then
doing a reinstall: first povray 3.5. Result was that still Povray 3.5 could not
render any file. (same applies to other PC in my home with win7. On a third PC
with windows XP, Povray 3.5 and Moray 3.5 work nicely together.

Regards, Peter