POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC January/February 2012 Challenge: Japanese : Re: TC-RTC January/February 2012 Challenge: Japanese Server Time
16 Apr 2024 03:34:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC January/February 2012 Challenge: Japanese
From: TawnyOwl
Date: 21 Dec 2011 16:55:00
Message: <web.4ef254a293048aa6ea61229e0@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> As I woke up in a brisky trollish mood, after browsing the latest winners in the
> Dinosaur contest I have to say I'm rather disappointed to see how scanline
> OpenGl renders like these:
>
> http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/imagenewdisplay/stills/index356.html
> http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/imagenewdisplay/stills/index351.html
>
> look much better than this atrocious and baroque povray third place render:
>
> http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/imagenewdisplay/stills/index354.html
>
> Come on!  I'm sure povray has been put to far better use years ago in IRTC...

May be Normand uses an other renderer, but I esteem him as a very gifted artist
using his special tools with mastery. I prefer POV but have limited skills due
to limited time at the moment. So I will end up with a more or less WIP in my
entries. But I try and enter the competition. I cannot see an entry from the
goddess of revenge in the whole history of the tc-rtc. So please don't complain,
make it better. I know you have some abilities.

Regards,
Michael