POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to make the render window gradually appear over the previous render? : Re: How to make the render window gradually appear over the previous render= Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:01:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make the render window gradually appear over the previous render=
From: Unit Ball
Date: 5 Dec 2011 07:05:00
Message: <web.4edcb1e4618e37ca98571ef0@news.povray.org>
> Why not just save them to separate files? Open a windows "preview" window on
> it, and use the arrow keys to toggle back and forth? (Assuming you're using
> Windows here, of course.)

Sure. I was just thinking of a simpler and perhaps a faster way of doing that
without ever leaving the editor. My guess is that it would also help new users,
encouraging them to play with different settings.
Having the previous render as a reference makes it easier to get a better sense
of what actually changed in the picture - this much seem obvious. The more I
think about it the more obvious it seems to me that there should be button for
this in the editor.

But off course what seems simple to some might seem unnecessary to others.
Paraphrasing Occam one might take the view that "buttons must not be multiplied
beyond necessity".