POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Dynamic Hair and PoseRay : Re: Dynamic Hair and PoseRay Server Time
18 Apr 2024 11:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dynamic Hair and PoseRay
From: TawnyOwl
Date: 7 Nov 2011 15:55:01
Message: <web.4eb844fb2b1201fb81a7bfc00@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tenDOTlnDOTretniATtoorgedDOTt> wrote:
> An illustration of what I mean can be seen in p.b.i.
>
> Thomas

First I will thank you all for the help again. I'm on a much better way now. The
main problem seems to be the trade off between the hair density and the number
of breaks, especially if you intent a more close picture. As I originally wrote,
I would like to have curly hair which cannot be achieved with 3 to 6 breaks
only. 30 seems to be a minimum for that goal with dynamic hair from poser - and
a certain degree of closeness. I have choosen to sacrifice the half of the
originally intended length and worked throuh a slightly modified version of the
second example in the poser tutorial (I only bended the head a little bit to the
back for the dynamics calculations) which fulfilles my needs for the intended
picture. Since I have the one or other idea to improve the result, I will give
them a try before I show you the result...

Regards,
Michael