POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC PovRay 0, Other 3 : Re: TC-RTC PovRay 0, Other 3 Server Time
16 Apr 2024 00:09:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC PovRay 0, Other 3
From: TawnyOwl
Date: 15 Jul 2011 17:10:00
Message: <web.4e20abc487f978c626c358940@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> A dismal round where a homemade java renderer took the top three places
> out of five entries. (One Pover missed the deadline for voting)
> This rendering challenge was started by the late Steve Paget (St) when
> the IRTC went belly up. It is in danger of going the same way due to
> lack of interest.

> is 24:00 (GMT) 16th of August 2011. If the topic does not suit you then
> you could register at the site and vote for the next topic.
>
> --
> Regards
>      Stephen

Hi Stephen,

ok. there where only a few entries and Normand wons it all. But can we blame him
for using his own (possibly handcrafted - as I understand him from earlier
contributions) renderer? I Don't think so. Possibly one can limited the number
of entries to one per person, but what will be yield? We would only limit
Normand to one entry and gain no more from others. And you cannot call the work
from Normand bad. I don't like all of his work, but the most of it is really
good and beyond some other winners of the IRTC, if we skip the top artists of
the IRTC like Jaime Vives Piqueres or Gilles Tran. So please don't blame Normand
only because he uses another renderer. I think that we have to accept, that we
are only a very few hobbiest now, and that the professional efforts, we have
seen in the 1990ies in the irtc are gone to the industry directly or via
raph.com. If you like to answer me in private my email is taw### [at] webde
(beware of the underscore).

Regards,
Michael