POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : view.cpp StartRender function and camera parameters : view.cpp StartRender function and camera parameters Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:30:11 EDT (-0400)
  view.cpp StartRender function and camera parameters
From: handos
Date: 11 Jul 2011 14:25:00
Message: <web.4e1b3f40fb967206d7ae32040@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I wanted to obtain depth-map from POVRay 3.7 and I figured out that I could get
the output from TraceRay function defined in (trace.cpp) and store it in array
and then write it into a file. I was doing it very conveniently after the
renderTask.AppendTask( new TraceTask(..)) function call defined in view.cpp's
StartRender() function. However when the image takes a bit longer time to
render, the function returns from StartRender() while already running the
threads in TraceTask. I tried to go through the code to understand at what point
can I write the depth-map array but I totally got confused with backend frontend
thing. If it's not very difficult to figure out could anyone please tell me
where exactly can I write the depth-array (already stored) into a file at which
point where all threads have finished.

Also, I'd like to write the camera parameters into a file too, once you specify
the parameters into the camera{ } object in povray file, where exactly it
applies all the various transformation defined within the camera{} Object and
latches the final camera_position, camera_up and camera_direction? As an
instructive example

camera{
location <x,y,z>
direction <a,b,c>
up <ux,uy,uz>
matrix <    val00,    val01,  val02,
   val10,   val11,    val12,
   val20,   val21,    val22,
   val30,   val31, val32>
};

After applying the necessary transformation, where exactly does it store the
final direction, up vector and position vector in the code?

Many Thanks,
Ankur.