POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : moray unable to launch POV : Re: moray unable to launch POV Server Time
16 Apr 2024 11:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moray unable to launch POV
From: MartinB
Date: 20 Apr 2011 06:50:01
Message: <web.4daeba0180868e1026e27c9b0@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

 +++ I FOUND A SOLUTION +++

I was also looking for a solution of running Moray 3.5 and POV-Ray 3.x
integrated under Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit.
I discovered that the version of POV-Ray is not the matter. No povray version
did run on my machine properly!

So I checked out the TROUBLESHOOTING from the Win7 Control Panel. Here is what I
did:
PART I (moray):
- I clicked 'Run programs made for previous versions of Windows'
- 'Next' to get to a list of old progs.
- select Moray...
- on the next page clicked on 'Try recommended settings'
- on the next page clicked 'Start the program...'
  Them Moray started and I loaded a scene - fine.
- clicked next and pressed 'Yes, save the settings for this program'
- closed the troubleshooter

PART II (POV-ray):
- I clicked 'Run programs made for previous versions of Windows'
- 'Next' to get to a list of old progs.
- select POV-Ray...
- clicked 'TROUBLESHOOT PROGRAM'
- selected the first three checkboxes (in other words all, except 'I dont see
my...'
- clicked 'next' and selected WinXP SP2 (SP3 might also do)
- clicked 'next' and selected 4th and 5th checkbox:
   'Program does not display properly...'
   'Windows controls appear cut off...'
- on the next page clicked 'Start the program...'
- POV-Ray started fine and the Demo render was successful.
- clicked next and pressed 'Yes, save the settings for this program'
- closed the troubleshooter

NOW I CAN DO THE F9 (Raytrace) in MORAY - YEAH!!

I hope that helps

Regards,

  Martin  :-)