POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Type problems : Type problems Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Type problems
From: Aidy
Date: 29 Mar 2011 10:30:01
Message: <web.4d91ebd2dffd0248674c4bb0@news.povray.org>
Hiya.

I'm working on the POV-RAY source code, with the latest stable release, but I'm
having a few issues.

In normal.cpp I am getting a number of errors which don't seem to make any
sense. The errors are :

argument of type "TNORMAL *" is incompatible with parameter of type "TNORMAL *"
a value of type "BLEND_MAP *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type
"BLEND_MAP *"

and a few others along the same lines.

To me this seems stupid saying that a type is not compatible with its own type,
so I'm a bit confused.

Any help?

Thanks