POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : Y.A.P.R.M. 0.7.1 released : Re: Y.A.P.R.M. 0.7.1 released Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:41:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Y.A.P.R.M. 0.7.1 released
From: Alil
Date: 3 Mar 2011 09:55:01
Message: <web.4d6fab87d73c51aab6f6ebc20@news.povray.org>
Reinhard <rpr### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

> >> Hello Reinhard,
> >>
> >> I did some investigations using mingw. Because I would like to reuse the
> >> autotools build environment. I achieved to compile several libraries.
> >> However I
> >> currently do not remember all the details. I can check today in the
> >> evening when
> >> I'm home from work. If you could give me some hints I may be able to
> >> develop a
> >> first beta version we can both use to improve it. One of the reasons
> >> to move to
> >> Gtk was to make a windows version possible more easily.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Alois
> >>

> > Hello Alois,
> >
> > Please give me the links where I can download the environment.
> >
> > regards,
> > Reinhard
>
> Hello Alois,
> I think that have to help me with mingw, because I am not familiar with it.
>
> regards,
> Reinhard

Hello Reinhard,

I first have to check what I did. I spent one weekend last December on it and I
thought that it went not to bad. But currently I remember very little on what I
did. I think I had to tinker a lot with the environment. So maybe it is best if
I try to build a binary version first with my setup. If it works with mingw the
next step could be to get it working with visual studio.

Cheers,
Alois