POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov post_process save_file format : Re: Megapov post_process save_file format Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:59:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov post_process save_file format
From: ThomasR
Date: 12 Jan 2011 08:35:01
Message: <web.4d2dad85f56ed354a8dd583f0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the advice !

I adapted your second solution and wrote an RGB image and used the three R G B
fields to put the three "bits" of my sampling so that my distance is :

It seems to be working fine and my precision went from 256 grays to over 16
millions grays, which is quite enough :)

I other have more elegant solutions to change the output format of save_file,
feel free to help ;)

Thomas