POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Class/flow diagrams : Class/flow diagrams Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Class/flow diagrams
From: Aidy
Date: 22 Dec 2010 18:55:01
Message: <web.4d128ee0a41783e6fe3904cd0@news.povray.org>
Hiya

I'm doing a final year project at university working with povray and need to
work with the source code but due to its sheer size I have no idea where to
start and I've been unable to find any diagrams that help with this.

I was wondering if there were any class diagrams or flow diagrams showing the
structure of the program or the execution process. If not, what is the entry
point of the program? Is it the povray.cpp file in backend?

Secondly, what would be the easiest way of profiling povray and finding out
where the bulk of the processing is done? And also, how close is the current
beta to being complete? As it's design for multi-core processors is ideal for my
work but I don't want to do loads of work and then have it all change due to the
final release changing things.

Thanks