POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Run external code from : Re: Run external code from Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:40:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Run external code from
From: H  Karsten
Date: 19 Apr 2010 18:10:00
Message: <web.4bccd472417b29d3dec81f370@news.povray.org>
> Would there still be a big benefit in that, presuming the POV-Ray 4 SDL
> itself would be object-oriented and as fast as Lua or some such in the
> first place (which I consider a prime goal for POV-Ray 4)?

Having this as the primary priority is definitely cool.

Maybe, it's a good thing to compile PovCode before rendering.

But I still say: keep it tiny and fast _and_ open for everything.

So maybe the people don't need to rewrite there code, already exist in another
language. Or you need to have some functions for some special things, you would
never ever put into a scrip-language, designed for 3d-graphics.

You never know what happens ...