POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : installing on mac : Re: installing on mac Server Time
24 Apr 2024 14:30:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: installing on mac
From: rroddy
Date: 19 Mar 2010 00:40:01
Message: <web.4ba2ff007b5f5b32c94ba2e00@news.povray.org>
I have a vanilla command line Unix build of POV-Ray 3.6.1 running on a MacBook
Pro v. 10.5.8.  I should add that I have a fairly complete GNU gcc 4.4.3
compiler with GNU make running under $HOME which I used to build it.  I also
have the Apple developer tools installed, which I assume would build it also but
can't guarantee since I didn't go that route.  I had to tweak the
$HOME/.povray/3.6/povray.conf and $HOME/.povray/3.6/povray.ini files, but
allscene.sh and allanim.sh ran clean.

That's as far as I've gotten so far.  As usual, caveat lector and YMMV.