POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Problems with editor dll : Re: Problems with editor dll Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:50:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with editor dll
From: mosaik
Date: 28 Dec 2009 10:30:00
Message: <web.4b38cebf9362de08b088b72d0@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> mosaik wrote:
> > I have some problems getting povray 3.6 compiled and running:
> > * I use Visual C++ 2008 Express edition
> > * when starting pvengine.exe (after having compiled it) I get the
> > following error message: ERROR: wrong editor DLL version [expected 0301,
> > got 0300]
> >
> > So it seems that the current source download for windows is inconsistent!?
> > How can I resolve this problem? Can someone provide the matching editor
> > DLL version?
>
> Did you compile the editor from source too, or did you take the editor DLL
> from a binary POV-Ray installation? If the latter, what version of POV-Ray
> was it?

I have POV-Ray 3.6.1c.icl8.win32 installed.
And I downloaded the windows source just a few days ago. I did not compile the
editor (as suggested in the README). When starting vs2008\bin32\pvengine.exe I
get the above error message. The version is 3.6.2.msvc9.unofficial-win32. I do
not know, where pvengine loads the DLLs from, since there are no DLLs in the
povwin-3.62 directory!?

Andi