POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Simple way to make POV-Ray for windows work in command line mode : Re: Simple way to make POV-Ray for windows work in command line mode Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:36:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple way to make POV-Ray for windows work in command line mode
From: PerNyblom
Date: 1 Dec 2009 18:35:00
Message: <web.4b15a71a2f1f1b7d1384d1150@news.povray.org>
> PerNyblom wrote:
> > I also removed the splash screen completely but you can test for
> > command_line_mode there as well I guess.
>
> Which makes that version violate the POV-Ray license if you distribute it.
>
>  Thorsten, POV-Team

Yes, I know, but I just wanted to share this little piece of information if
anyone finds it useful. I am not going to distribute it, I will just use this
feature personally for calling POV-Ray from a Java program.

It is a bit difficult for me to understand why the windows version doesn't have
support for using it from the command line. I mean, it has this great editor
that the other versions don't have but doesn't have the command line mode which
was the original "spirit" of POV-Ray.

Don't get me wrong here, I really support that you protect this great piece of
software but I really can't understand this particular design decision.