POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Oct 2009 04:25:00
Message: <web.4acef255fe28eb426dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Chambers <Ben### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
> > It is a shame. Nowadays it's hard to even go to a movie just to see the
> > special effects, too. :-)
>
> Back in 1988, when making Die Hard, John McTiernan actually blew out the
> windows on the first three floors of the Fox tower (despite having
> signed a release saying the building itself wouldn't be harmed :) ).

I thought that was a composited effect? I heard that the building's owners were
aghast at that scene, until it was explained to them that actually the building
wasn't touched.

That's what Die Hard's trivia on imdb claims anyway. Might not be true. It
certainly seems a cheaper way of doing it though!