POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Problems with external volumes : Problems with external volumes Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with external volumes
From: Rune
Date: 27 Jul 2009 16:00:01
Message: <web.4a6e067781b7e743fd4658040@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm finally able to use POV-Ray again. (After I switched from Windows to Mac
about a year ago I haven't been able to run POV-Ray because it crashed on
startup, but I recently found out that MegaPOV for Mac works just fine - thanks
MegaPOV team!)

Anyway, I'm having problems because my scene and include files are located on an
external hard drive with multiple partitions. All scene and include files are
located on a partition called "Data" but when storing references to the include
file folder the hard drive shows up as "Volumes/Untitled 1" instead of "Data".
The problem is that it shows up inconsistently as "Untitled", "Untitled 1", or
"Untitled 2" depending on which order OS X happens to mount the drives in on
that particular day. This basically seems to mean that I have to reconfigure
the include file path every day (and all the other configured paths), which is a
pain.

I know this is more of a general Mac OS X problem than a POV-Ray problem, but I
have searched the net for an answer and couldn't find anything. What can be
done about this?

Thanks,

Rune