POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Polyhedra library : Re: Polyhedra library Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:32:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polyhedra library
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 22 Jul 2009 05:35:00
Message: <web.4a66dbd5cda2f1c26dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Okay, so regarding filenames and directories, this may not be such an issue if I
follow Warp's advice and combine the separate files into a single include per
group.

> ZIP Files:
> The upload scripts don't accept 'zip' files, only files with extensions
> 'BMP, CSS, CSV, GIF, HTM, HTML, INC, INI, JPEG, JPG, JS, MAC, MCR, MDL, PGM,
> PNG, POV, PPM, TGA, TIF, TIFF, TXT'. This is intended to reduce the risk of
> harmful content being uploaded.

Of course. If I end up with many files, I'll let you know and put a temporary
..zip on my site that you can upload for me.

> Identifier Names:

By the sounds of it, this won't be too much of a problem either. The Johnson
solids and stellar icosahedra are all prefixed by J23, S48 and so on because of
their unwieldy nomenclature. The others are not sufficiently numerous to stop me
renaming them manually.

> If you'd like help renaming files and variables for this impressive
> collection of shapes, then I'd like to offer you my assistance.

If I hit any serious bottlenecks I'll let you know - thanks for the offer!

Bill