POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Executing POV from Visual Basic : Executing POV from Visual Basic Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:08:20 EDT (-0400)
  Executing POV from Visual Basic
From: Orionis
Date: 26 Jun 2009 13:00:00
Message: <web.4a44fdd48ff8f8935430b1600@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I am brand new to the forum and to POV too (still studying a lot).
My question is possibly dumb (or maybe, was raised hundreds of time, but I did
not find any evidence), so please forgive me.

My goal is to write a VB6 program (yes, VB6, not NET !) to draw panels for
electronic device; a small CAD...sigh

Right now, I create a text file from VB with the panel's element description,
then a run POV to render the image which is loaded and presented in a VB6
picturebox.

I wonder if there is any way to have VB6 call directly POV (a sort of API) and
let POV draw the rendering into a supplied window.

Ideally, I should call something like this:

call POV_Render ('filename.pov', myPictureHandle, [VB6 process ID],
[resolution/AA])

I accept any comment, thanks