POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How to find the beats of a song. : Re: How to find the beats of a song. Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to find the beats of a song.
From: gregjohn
Date: 14 Apr 2009 20:25:00
Message: <web.49e52889abf33b1de40bffa00@news.povray.org>
Why, I wanted it to put on my own music videos!  I guess my questions were about
whether there were an easier way to pick out the beats, rather than how to do
arithmetic on the time slices I wrote down. :)

Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> So I wrote a trivial POV-Ray script that puts a beat
> every 92/60 seconds, starting from frame #0. And
> the result looks beautifully synchronised.

< partisanship = on >
One of the songs I was looking at ages ago had some floating point number of
seconds per beat, not an easy ratio like the one that you had.  Isn't this one
case where povray would be superior over most of the other raytracing apps that
require you to think exclusively in terms of *frames*.