POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Apr 2009 06:50:00
Message: <web.49ddd2865bdc63526dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> > True, but it's actually quite tricky for more than about 6 people to attack
> > one individual - they just run out of space.
> You get the impression there could be more than 3 though. (Think about
> the scene from the first film where the cops rush in and club Morpheous.)

I'm sure I remember seeing up to 6 or 7 at a time near the start of the fight...
ohwell, not seen it for a while.

> Eye-candy is about all there is to it, really. Badly-drawn eye-candy,
> mostly.

Ah, I don't think it's that bad. It doesn't always look completely real, but I
still think it looks good. And there's always the retcon that it's not *meant*
to be real, since it's in the Matrix... ;-)

> > Pointless fight though, has to be said :)
> Hey, I'm bored now. I'm just going to fly away. Never mind that I could
> have done that 10 minutes ago...

Just what I thought when I first saw it... that's probably why they felt it
necessary to separate him from the action during the freeway chase. Would have
been all over pretty quickly otherwise!

Reminds me of something I read about T2 - apparently they got quite a long way
through writing the script before they realised that nobody could think of a
credible way of actually killing off the T-1000...!