POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:28:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Apr 2009 06:05:01
Message: <web.49ddc7fa5bdc63526dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> Is it fair to mention that the first had revolutionary special effects, and
> the other two didn't bring that much to the table? The "burly brawl" scene
> in particular had very fake looking CG people.

What impressed me most about that scene was the choreography. Sure, the CGI
looked a little fake in a couple of shots, but the overall effect was
incredible. You can watch Neo wallop a Smith into the distance, watch that
Smith get up, dust himself down, and make his way back into the fray for
another wallop. And they're *all* doing that, over and over! Probably works
better as a music video than a movie scene tho.

> Reloaded was also confusing (much more than the first, to the point where I
> still can't figure some of it out)

I lost a lot of respect for Reloaded when they very obviously offloaded a huge
sub-plot to another production (the video game, I believe).

> I liked some parts of each, but as a whole neither of them were thoroughly
> enjoyable like the original.

Agreed...