POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : I want a working POV-Ray for Intel Macs : Re: I want a working POV-Ray for Intel Macs Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:32:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want a working POV-Ray for Intel Macs
From: triple r
Date: 4 Mar 2009 13:05:01
Message: <web.49aec2589a11612563a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> So why not join the POV team as a volunteer to officially bringing POV to Intel
> Mac users? Even if it's just that you'd be the one to compile the official
> binary ready to install. Or just write a how-to. Anything that gets other
> Intel-Mac users closer to fulfilment of their dreams will probably be
> appreciated.

Insufficient time/knowledge.  It doesn't seem it has been ported over from
CodeWarrior to something more current, and I wouldn't know where to start.  The
command-line approach seems to turn many people off and indicate a
non-user-friendly program.  If MegaPOV works, then it's probably the best
option currently available.  It might make sense to note on the download page
that it's a valid option, rather than just turn people away with an apology.

 - Ricky