POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Stanford scan repository models : Re: Stanford scan repository models Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stanford scan repository models
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Feb 2009 07:15:00
Message: <web.4992c06e2faf67196dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> So far as I'm aware, space isn't a particular issue, the licensing is.
[snip]

Yes, of course, I hadn't thought of that.

> They also ask that some of their models are not used in
> specific ways (so no exploding Buddhas).

Spoilsports! ;-)

> Otherwise, you might consider writing up the technique on the Wiki.

Yes, that's true, I hadn't thought of that either!

It's likely that the utah teapot is a free-for-all, given that it's actually not
part of the scanned objects site, and the patch control points are everywhere. I
think some versions of OpenGL even use it as a primitive! But I'll make sure if
I ever follow this up.

Thanks for clarifying.

Bill