POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.tutorials : How to render mirrored objects into _real_ pictures : Re: How to render mirrored objects into _real_ pictures Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to render mirrored objects into _real_ pictures
From: Edouard Poor
Date: 14 Jan 2009 22:05:00
Message: <web.496ea74bcb35516a245002290@news.povray.org>
This has tripped me up, but I believe that the image of the mirror ball, and the
megapov "maptype 7" mapping are different. Paul Debevec explains it on
http://www.debevec.org/probes/

steradians. Also note that the mapping being used is different than the mapping
one observes in a mirrored ball -- the mapping we're using avoids the problems
of poor sampling near the backwards-facing directions around the circumference
of the image."

Cheers,
Edouard.