POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Freebie spotting : Re: Freebie spotting Server Time
16 Apr 2024 13:50:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Freebie spotting
From: clipka
Date: 11 Jan 2009 11:40:01
Message: <web.496a1e41280c41103dcb84c80@news.povray.org>
"Grassblade" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> CP: haven't the foggest idea. I haven't found a fool-proof method of spotting
> their freebie. :-S

From my experience, they advertise their weekly freebie on the main page. This
week's is an Ares moon rocket:
http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/ares_rockets_for_poser_product_45420

It also seems that the free items search results are listed by time when they
went free, so it should be easy to identify the new freebies.

(BTW the LEM looks particularly ugly - even compared to the Apollo Lunar Module,
which was ugly enough, but at least it had character... but that's probably not
Vanishing Point's fault ;))