POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Palette index mapper for texture maps? : Palette index mapper for texture maps? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Palette index mapper for texture maps?
From: syntotic
Date: 7 Jan 2009 22:35:01
Message: <web.496573d5fb5222ea738843b50@news.povray.org>
Any application where you can associate, in order, palette indexes to adequate
colored textures? For example, if I want to wrap a towel texture, then I would
have to associate light textures to ligt pixels and darker textures to darker
pixels by index. A matching tool would be not useful but indispensible. I am
finding this feature counterintuitive compared to the notion of using an
already textured image to simply wrap around a sphere and turning it into a
world...

_W_

~o~
=V=