POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Implementing a new pigment : Re: Implementing a new pigment Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:59:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Implementing a new pigment
From: Reactor
Date: 29 Nov 2008 16:35:00
Message: <web.4931b488f92217108f18ce0@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Reactor wrote:
> > Offhand, I'd probably make a macro to read the SVG file and produce and
> > object
> > for use with the an object pigment.  That way, you have the arbitrary
> > resolution that the SVG file permits, and you could, in theory, implement
> > just about all of the features that SVG 1.2 has.
>
> There is no object pigment, just an object pattern.
>
> And I hope you didn't mean "macro" as in "POV-Ray #macro". It would be
> *hell* to try parsing XML from SDL!

Sorry, that is what I meant, object pattern.  Since you could use a full pigment
for list item A and B, you could, in theory, make it do whatever you need,
including use the colors from the SVG.

I did mean parsing from SDL, I only recommended it because I don't know what
other languages you know.  That being said, an SVG reading script would be very
nice for your purposes and others, if you add it to the library.  I know this
came up before when someone was using InkScape as a path editor for lathe and
prism objects by reading the SVG file.

-Reactor