POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 22-Character Crash : 22-Character Crash Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:58:21 EDT (-0400)
  22-Character Crash
From: How Camp
Date: 18 Jul 2008 15:40:00
Message: <web.4880f0adaf19f856c59235590@news.povray.org>
Heh, in exploring the bounding box crashes I mentioned earlier, I'm now able to
crash POV 3.6 (on winXP) using only a 22-character scene file:

#debug str(1E251,0,-1)

Aside from thoughts of starting a 'short crash contest', I'm curious if anyone
can reproduce this, and whether the same behavior is present in 3.7.

POV only crashes with str(A,L,P) when the precision (P) is set to -1 (platform
specific), so I suppose it might not crash on other platforms...