POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Shifting the anmation time line : Re: Shifting the anmation time line Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shifting the anmation time line
From: CharlesM
Date: 20 Feb 2008 11:15:01
Message: <web.47bc51add6bf0e2141d1e2d30@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:15:04 +0100, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
> wrote:
>
> >My fault, sorry! I thought you had done also some animation in Moray, a long
> >time ago to be sure. My memory sometimes abandons me in the waste lands....
> >:-)
>
> I might have done some simple ones but I think that these animation systems are
> not powerful enough. They are too limited, for instance you are restricted to
> simple transformations of objects and cannot animate textures or include a
> series of meshes. I have been using Bishop3D's animation system but even that
> does not animate textures, yet.  One of the problems is each frame is exported
> separately and does not use the Povray clock variable. Anyway it forces you to
> use SDL which is not a bad thing.
>
> Regards
>  Stephen

Guys,

Thank you very much for your kinds words of support.  It is encouraging to see
that this group is still supported.  I love Moray and registered a few years
ago and still use it from time to time.

Strange solution . . . . but i went out and bought myself a new high spec mouse.
.. . and then mannualy moved the key frames on the animation bar!  It didn't
actually take that long.  The new nmouse was more ergonomic, had programmable
buttons and made me feel a whole lot better!

Generally I work on short pieces of animation no longer than 10 seconds (mini
advert logo display size and so 300 frames is typical).

So when you've got a mundane job to do . . . . spend some money . . . feel good
and get on with it ha ha

anyway thanks a bundle!