POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Contribution Drive? : Re: Contribution Drive? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Contribution Drive?
From: nemesis
Date: 19 Jan 2008 19:50:01
Message: <web.479299e84831bbf16035e8ba0@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> So, I would like to try an experiment: A group collaboration.  We'll
> pick a topic (probably something like "tables" or "chairs" or even
> "writing utensils"), and several people will each contribute one or two
> items to it.  The result will be published on the library site under a
> group credit.  If we like the results, we can continue to do such
> collections to help beef up our library.
>
> But before I run off all gung-ho, is anyone else interested in trying
> this with me?

this sounds a lot of fun!  A contest with no winners, really. It could
definitely boost the povray object collection.  I'm in!

To make it more interesting, how about adding the objects to a scene?  We begin
with a basic scene with no objects -- say, a restroom -- and people begin
adding chairs, tables, decorative stuff on tables put there by other users,
etc...