POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Is this the right group to discuss details of an object in the collection? : Re: Is this the right group to discuss details of an object in the collecti= Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:32:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is this the right group to discuss details of an object in the collecti=
From: Leef me
Date: 7 Nov 2007 20:40:00
Message: <web.473267dd7eb5a0722a7b15450@news.povray.org>

----8<----------8<----------8<----------8<----------8<------
> > I was rewriting it to use some conventions that would allow several
> > parameters
> > but my goal of having text was lost when the straight portion is smooth.
>
> I didn't quite understand the last bit of that last sentence.
>

> > Leef_me
> >

> Regards,
> Chris B.

Yeah, I have trouble understanding it too. ;)

I looked at the code for scroll and wanted to "standardize" it.

I wanted to create a version that would allow for user to vary parameters such
as height and width, # of spirals, othe stuff.

I wanted to be able to add text or image to the scroll. For example, "the King
proclaims, thus ..."

I was able to simplify the code for the above ideas.

I was able to add text to the mesh2 object and it looked pretty good.
But, when I tried to smooth the 'straight' portion of the scroll, the text would
either:

show on both sides,
not show at all,

I've tried learning about UV-mapping, but I'm still lost.
My last few posts have been trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.

I'll try later or tomorrow to post a simple version of the code.

Leef_me