POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem with "no_image" and transparency? : Problem with "no_image" and transparency? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 06:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with "no_image" and transparency?
From: Ansgar
Date: 24 Sep 2007 19:45:01
Message: <web.46f84a9cd032f3c7cb86afba0@news.povray.org>
I have a kinda weird problem with the newest beta. I hope I can explain it
in a not too confusing way.

Around my scene, I have a large sphere with the parameters
no_image
no_shadow
inverse
It serves as a kind of reflection or environment map, as shiny surfaces in
my scene will reflect this sphere while the thing itself is invisible.

With the latest beta, weird things happen to object that have a transparent
or semi-transparent surface. While the exterior surface is correctly made
transparent, the then-visible interior is not... it shows the texture of
that sphere instead.
I tried defining an "interior_texture" for those objects, setting them to
full transparency, but that didn't change a thing.

I'd like to know if that is a bug in the new beta or just some new way of
interpreting textures... in the latter case, what do I have to change?

Thx,
Ansgar