POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be? : Re: Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:43:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be?
From: Stephen
Date: 29 Aug 2007 08:30:01
Message: <web.46d5667fed318b20c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
Markus Altendorff <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote:

> Well, i did test it, sort of, uhm... but not this time - the whole
> object group is copied straight from the IRTC "Escape" ("Escape^2")
> short i did (2003? 2004?). And it's not so much "flickering" as in
> "in-texture antialiasing too weak", but it's actually "jumping around"
> on the object... weirdest thing i've seen so far. It's OK for a few
> frames, then it shifts a bit to the left/right, then it's back to where
> it started. At first i thought i had accidentally animated some mapping
> parameter in a loop, but there's nothing in the timeline that would
> indicate such a thing, and i'm out of production time... i'll look into
> converting the cubes that build the doorframe to polygon meshes, maybe
> this'll help.
> The "usual" flicker of interpolation doesn't bother me as much because i
> compress the video to death anyway, so my problem is there's always
> worse MPEG artefacts than the grainy pulsing of texture edges :)

Not knowing anything about your application (and when has that ever stopped

had that a few times and when I re-create the file all has been well. If in
doubt blame someone else.

With my sort of animation lack of quality can kill it, there is no real

of space takes all the skill out of it.
Only kidding :-)

Stephen