POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : a program, that calculates camera position and look_at/direction ? : Re: a program, that calculates camera position and look_at/direction ? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:32:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a program, that calculates camera position and look_at/direction ?
From: Grassblade
Date: 30 Jul 2007 04:30:01
Message: <web.46ada08090b756184052ab510@news.povray.org>
Benjamin <nan### [at] webde> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am searching for a program that is able to find the exact or even close camera
location
> (and look_at or direction) of a real video I record with my camera.
If you are familiar with math you can do it without a program, see for
example this lecture, note that it takes quite a bit of computer vision
jargon for granted:
http://wiki.cis.rit.edu/pub/People/AdvancedDip/camera_calibration_01.pdf
If whatever you want to calibrate is a planar object and you are using
Windows, you can use the following program
http://research.microsoft.com/~zhang/Calib/
I'm pretty sure there are (or there used to be :-( ) other free programs for
camera calibration, just google it.