POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC Status : Re: IRTC Status Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:35:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Status
From: Hildur K
Date: 14 Mar 2007 06:35:01
Message: <web.45f7dcf0463ebb8f98f193370@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian <ykg### [at] vtedu> wrote:

> Imagine that IRTC was your project, and something came up in your life
> that prevented you from even having internet access. And when you got
> back online, you found that other people had taken over your project.
> It's not something many people would be comfortable with. Since the IRTC
> admin can't be contacted, no one can even ask if they would like someone
> to take over for them for a while.
>
> For a stand in competition, check the news://irtc.stills where there is
> talk of another website that should keep us busy for the time being.

contacted for several months, you would be keenly aware how the situation
affects other people. You SHOULD be expecting others to take over, at least
temporarily.

almost FIVE months and THREE rounds of silence. And this happening on top of
repeated delays in the past. Which you should also be aware of.

This person cannot possibly expect the whole world to go to standstill, just

If this admin cannot be contacted, then it most probably is because he

telegram or use smoke signals or whatever means he has at his disposal!

Maybe at some point the IRTC was his precious baby, but right now it seems
that this baby has been abandoned BY EVERYONE.

responsibility, you just have to let go and entrust other people with it.

aware of the implications of real life. I, myself, would never volunteer for
this kind of long term commitment, I know so well how sudden changes can
disrupt your life one way or the other.

All I want is the IRTC to be put back in action. A whole bunch of skilled
people have repeatedly volunteered to help out and take on the

People are kindly asking for a permission to put their effort in the
continuity of the IRTC, but there is NOBODY THERE to give permission.

It all boils down to a very simple reason, there is nobody in charge!

The question remains, WHAT can be done and by WHOM? Who is willing to cut
the crap and give the green light so we can all go on nurturing out
precious little baby, the IRTC?

Who started this competition originally? Who "owns" it?

If nothing is done, we are just going be kept in uncertainty forever.....

Hildur Kolbrun