POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Looking to the future : Re: Looking to the future Server Time
23 Apr 2024 11:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking to the future
From: stm31415
Date: 11 Feb 2007 12:30:00
Message: <web.45cf523fe1b965b2cf1900cc0@news.povray.org>
I'm certainly interested to see what comes of this. My two cents would be
that, though I enjoy the technical aspects of POV a great deal, and would
be exited to see some competition in that realm, I alo think that the
artistic possibilities are rarely fully developed and deserve equally to be
explored.

At least in my opinion, it isn't so much the competition as the deadline,
and the chance for feedback. Doing an IRTC round is a sort of
NaNoWriMo-like event for me --- I finally finish an entire image because I
HAVE to. In that spirit, I think it would be fun to have some
so-fast-it's-silly contests; 24 hours to make a scene? 1 hour?

Finally, I will say that I do a good bit of web design, and I can work
pretty happily in perl, PHP, ASP, HTML, and javascript. I'll happily donate
time if you want it.

Sam Bleckley
http://enso.freeshell.org/