POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Anim: How about an additional two weeks time? :) : Re: Anim: How about an additional two weeks time? :) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:40:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anim: How about an additional two weeks time? :)
From: waggy
Date: 8 Jan 2007 22:20:01
Message: <web.45a3090c92698a53442464bf0@news.povray.org>
Markus Altendorff <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote:
> Would all others planning to enter please step up, too...? ;)

I was planning to enter this round, but spent all of last weekend trying to
wrap my head around the interactions among fake caustics, media, surface
properties, and light distance and strength.  I have provisionally
concluded that above- and below-water views of the same scene need to be
treated separately, effectively doubling my scene count and knocking this
animation from being difficult to get in by the original deadline to nearly
impossible to get it done properly by the proposed deadline extension.

Anyway, I could probably get a different animation in if I find out soon
that the deadline is to be extended as proposed and start right away.  I'm
willing to give it a shot, but it might not be right by those who keep on
top of these things, started earlier, and are already submitting their
entries.

-David