POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Povray crashes : Re: Povray crashes Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:58:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray crashes
From: Allan
Date: 13 Sep 2006 17:20:00
Message: <web.450874dbb2080fe23bfe02f20@news.povray.org>
Thorsten,

Thanks for the info but I hope you did not misunderstand my note:  I did not
say it was POV-Ray's problem, I simply said it was not an Intel app.  I do
realize that Rosetta is not a very robust environment and it is no wonder
that it fails with POV-Ray.

That said, the very fact that Rosetta is not acceptable is the very reason
why POV-Ray needs to be ported to run as an Intel Mac app.  I think it is
much more likely that POV-Ray can be ported than expecting Apple to fix
Rosetta.  Rosetta, while it does work for most old applications, was never
meant to be a long lived solution for old PPC software.

Like I said in my previous post: if the POV-Ray team would like some help
with porting POV-Ray to the Intel Mac then let me know.  Every app I've
ever written for PPC Macs have ported easily over to Intel.

-Allan