POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Povray crashes : Re: Povray crashes Server Time
18 Apr 2024 09:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray crashes
From: Allan
Date: 13 Sep 2006 12:15:01
Message: <web.45082de8b2080fe23bfe02f20@news.povray.org>
I just tried POV-Ray 3.6 on an Intel iMac and I get the same crash.  (It
works great on the "old" G5.)  A look at the crash log shows that the crash
happens in LaunchCFMApp.  It would appear that POV-Ray 3.6 is not yet ready
for the Intel Macs?  It should run on the Intels under Rosetta but maybe
the old Mac CFM (Code Fragment Manager, kind of like DLL's in Windows)
doesn't work under Rosetta?

This is disapointing to me because I have a nice MacPro (2 Xeon 64bit CPUs)
on order due to arrive in three weeks!!

If anyone on the POV-Ray team needs help porting to the Intel Mac please
send me a note.  I do not have a lot of spare time but I do want POV-Ray to
run on my Intel Mac.

-Allan