POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Help with POV-Ray on a mac cluster : Re: Help with POV-Ray on a mac cluster Server Time
16 Apr 2024 15:58:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with POV-Ray on a mac cluster
From: space cadet
Date: 7 Jul 2006 15:40:01
Message: <web.44aeb856c5255a8e8339b0050@news.povray.org>
I just successfully built a command line version of povray on our mac
cluster.

I did this on our 64-bit linux itantium cluster a few months ago, and
remarked on here about how utterly hassle free and robust the build scripts
are.  I gotta echo that again. I have NEVER encountered such easy to use 3rd
party build scripts.

I've attempted to build many different packages from sources that claim
'works right out of the box' only to end up actually modifying THEIR source
code (!!) and messing with lib versions, and lord knows what else. Thats
where my fear of home builds came from.

But this package is just a dream. The verbose during building is beyond
thorough. It covers its a$$ around every corner. There's just no room for
improvement here. Hats off to those who are responsible.

So anyone who might be considering a home build, be not afraid. Be VERY not
afraid. :-)